Our Lady of Good Counsel is a parish church and school founded in 1898 by the Augustinian friars. The original building, which stands today as the school, was dedicated in 1899. Our current church was dedicated in 1968 and is famous for its architecture; the design took second prize in 1964’s Liturgical Week Architectural Exhibition in St. Louis, Missouri, received an Architectural Award of Merit from The Liturgical Arts Guild of Southern New Jersey, and tied for first place in the 7th Annual Building Competition sponsored by the Staten Island Chamber of Commerce.
There are approximately 1500 families registered with the parish. Geographically we are located in Tompkinsville, but our community spans a broad spectrum of social, ethnic, and economic strata, representative of the population of Staten Island’s North Shore, with outreach and support programs that impact both the Island as a whole and off-Island as well.
SHARING CHRIST AT OLGC
We invite all participants who have participated in the Christ Life - Discovering Christ & Following Christ sessions to register for Sharing Christ!
IMAGE: CNS/Paul Haring By Carol Glatz ABOARD THE PAPAL FLIGHT FROM CAIRO (CNS) -- A diplomatic solution must be found to the escalating tension between North Korea and the United States, Pope Francis...